Friday 15 May 2015

Review on Liar Game (Japanese drama)

So this is the synopsis:

At the show, a scrupulously honest college student named Nao Kanzaki - receives a package containing 100 million yen (about 1 million dollars) and a note that she is now a contestant in the Liar Game Tournament. In this fictional tournament, contestants are encouraged to cheat and lie to obtain other contestants' money, with the losing ones forced to bear a debt proportional to their losses. When Nao's first opponent - a trusted former teacher - steals her money, she seeks assistance from a con man named Shinichi Akiyama. Though they manage to defeat him, Nao and Akiyama decide to buy out his debt and advance through different rounds of the Liar Game Tournament against merciless contestants, while at the same time attempting to free their opponents from debt and to defeat the Liar Game organization from within.

I am giving this drama 5/5 stars. It was very very mindblown. There were times where I was confused a lot. So many tricks and deceiving. This drama has taught me a lot of things so I cannot wait to watch the second season. Kanzaki Nao, I think, has made such an impact on me, same goes to this drama. It's okay to believe in people because no matter how evil they are, how broken they are, if you manage to touch their heart and show them hope, they will believe in you. There is bad in the world but at the same time there is good and light. It has really touch my heart and made me more interested in psychology.

Besides that, oh my god Matsuda Shota was so so damn hot I just couldn't handle it. I feel like Akiyama fell in love with Kanzaki Nao even though in the manga and j drama, it didn't really show the romance but I know he did fell for her and I know they will end up together though it doesn't show that in the series. He was such a broken person but Kanzaki Nao brought hope for him and I just ship them so so so muchchchchhcchh. 

Overall, it was such an amazing drama. I can't wait to watch the second season.

No comments:

Post a Comment